Please contact Customer Service at 507.289.2089 to help determine if you are eligible.
Read More >
Certified Peer Specialist I or II - Part Time
Zumbro Valley Health Center is seeking a part-time Certified Peer Specialist (CPS) to support individuals through their recovery process. The CPS will be a model of wellness, personal responsibility, and self-advocacy.
- Helping peers identify abilities, strengths and assets
- Identifying community resources and developing relationships with community groups and agencies
- Providing encouragement for involvement in community based activities such as work, relationships, physical activity, self-directed hobbies, etc.
- Identifying barriers to participation in community activities
- Supporting peers to connecting with professional supports and services
- Assisting in the develpment of self-directed Recovery or Wellness Recovery Action Plans
- Complete required documentation
- The ability to work independently in a variety of settings, including the community and individuals homes
- Current or former consumer of mental health services
- High School diploma or GED equivalent
- Level II requires a Bachelor's Degree in a Human Service related field and 1 year of experience working with adults with a mental illness
- Must have successfully completed the DHS Certified Peer Specialist training
- Excellent communication, good time management skills, and strong written, verbal, and computer skills
- Must have access to an automobile, a valid driver's license, and proof of auto insurance with minimum liability coverage level of $100,000 per person and $300,000 per occurrence
Zumbro Valley Health Center is a premier provider of integrated behavioral health services with a philosophy of community-based recovery in treatment of mental health and substance use disorders. We are restoring hope one life at a time! We offer a competitive wage and comprehensive benefits package including health, life, disability, 401(k) and Roth 401(k) and paid time off. We are a diverse workplace that encourages all qualified candidates to apply.
Please email application, resume and salary requirements to:
Or mail to:
Zumbro Valley Health Center
ATTN: HR - R-456-321CPS
343 Wood Lake Drive SE
Rochester, MN 55904