Please contact Customer Service at 507.289.2089 to help determine if you are eligible.
Read More >
Licensed Practical Nurse/Medical AssistantZumbro Valley Health Center is currently seeking a Licensed Practical Nurse/Medical Assistant to provide direct care to clients in temporary residence at the Connection and Referrals Unit. The LPN/MA participates in providing high quality patient care, including both medical and physical aspects of nursing care and patient education. This will be a .8 FTE position working on our evening shift (2:30pm - 11pm).
- Evaluate appropriateness of clients referred to CRU. Suggest alternative resources for clients who are not admitted.
- Document general physical and emotional condition of client at time of admission and discharge.
- Accurately chart all medications, physical, emotional and mental health status.
- Assure that there is documentation about each client’s behavior or activity at least once per shift.
- Make behavioral observations of clients and potential clients.
- Answer crisis telephone calls. Listen with empathy, identify caller’s issues, assist caller in considering a plan of action, make referrals as necessary, document calls in phone log.
- Advise supervisor of any unusual incidents involving clients or visitors.
- Must be a graduate of an accredited school of practical nursing or medical assistant
- Registered LPN, if applicable
- Certified in Basic First Aid or enrolled in a course within 90 days of employment
- Certified in Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation or enrolled in course within 90 days of employment
- Must be free of chemical use problems for at least 2 years immediately preceding hiring and maintain freedom from chemical us problems as a condition of employment
Zumbro Valley Health Center is a premier provider of integrated behavioral health services with a philosophy of community-based recovery in treatment of mental health and substance use disorders. We are restoring hope one life at a time! We offer a competitive wage and comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, life, and disability insurance, 401(k) and Roth 401(k) plans, and paid time off. We are a diverse workplace that encourages all qualified candidates to apply.
Please email application, resume and salary requirements to:
Or mail to
Zumbro Valley Health Center
ATTN: HR - R-460-070MA
343 Wood Lake Drive SE
Rochester, MN 55904