Please contact Customer Service at 507.289.2089 to help determine if you are eligible.
Read More >
Mental Health Practitioner
Zumbro Valley Health Center is currently seeking a full-time Mental Health Practitioner to provide Children's Therapeutic Services and Supports (CTSS) in an individual, family, and group setting. These services are rehabilitative and enable the recipient to develop and enhance psychiatric stability, social competencies, personal and emotional adjustment, and independent living and community skills, when these abilities are impaired by the symptoms of mental illness. The CTSS Mental Health Practitioner instructs, assists, and supports the recipient in areas such as interpersonal communication skills, emotion management skills, community resource utilization and integration skills, and crisis assistance. Services are provided at various locations which can include the clients' homes, community, schools, and ZV offices.
- Maintain knowledge of city and/or county mental health, medical, financial, housing and other human service agencies
- Provide CTSS services to clients, as often as needed, with individuals and families.
- Facilitate or co-facilitate rehabilitative skills groups.
- Request, complete and update all necessary documentation. Maintain the medical record and comply with all HIPAA and confidentiality requirements.
- Interact with clients by instructing, modeling, assisting, educating, coaching, listening, and providing support, etc. Promote a positive attitude and model appropriate behavior for clients.
- Practice person-centered planning and consult with the Mental Health Professional for clinical consultation.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Requires a Bachelor's degree in Social Work or a behavioral science related field and 1 year (2000 hours) experience.
- Must meet state definition of Mental Health Practitioner.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Zumbro Valley Health Center is a premier provider of integrated behavioral health services with a philosophy of community-based recovery in treatment of mental health and substance use disorders. We are restoring hope one life at a time! We offer a competitive wage and comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, life, and disability insurance, 401(k) and Roth 401(k) plans, and paid time off. We are a diverse workplace that encourages all qualified candidates to apply.
Please send/email application, letter of interest, salary requirements & resume to:
Zumbro Valley Health Center
ATTN: HR - R-438-121MHP
343 Wood Lake Dr. SE
Rochester, MN 55904