Please contact Customer Service at 507.289.2089 to help determine if you are eligible.
Read More >
Peer Recovery Specialist
Zumbro Valley Health Center is seeking a part-time Peer Recovery Specialist to support individuals through their recovery process. Specialist will be a model of wellness, personal responsibility, and self-advocacy.
- Maintain knowledge of city and/or county mental health, medical, financial, housing, legal, and other human service agencies
- Provide support for involvement in community based activities such as work and self-directed hobbies
- Help peers identify abilities, strengths and assets
- Support peers in connecting to professional supports and other services
- Assist in development of self-directed Recovery or Wellness Recovery Action Plans
- Provide peer to peer support to participates in a group setting or 1:1 individuals
- Ability to work independently in a variety of settings, including community and home
- Attend clinical and administrative meetings as directed
- Complete accurate documentation on each client in a timely manner
- Comply with data privacy, vulnerable adult, and HIPAA rules and regulations
- Personal experience in recovery and one year of sobriety
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Must have or able to successfully complete the Peer Recovery Support Specialist certification
- Excellent communication, good time management skills, strong written, verbal and computer skills
- Much have access to an automobile, a valid driver’s license and proof of auto insurance with a minimum liability coverage level of $100,000 per person and $300,000 per occurrence
This position is currently part-time with the possibility of being full-time based on meeting the requirements and qualifications of the Housing Support Worker.
Zumbro Valley Health Center is a premier provider of integrated behavioral health services with a philosophy of community-based recovery in treatment of mental health and substance use disorders. We are restoring hope one life at a time! We are a diverse workplace that encourages all qualified candidates to apply.
Please email application, resume and salary requirements to:
Or mail to:
Zumbro Valley Health Center
ATTN: HR - N-415-510PRS
343 Wood Lake Drive SE
Rochester, MN 55904