I am a licensed graduate social worker, through the Minnesota Board of Social Work, and hold a Master’s Degree from Winona State University with a concentration of “Trauma-Informed Clinical Social Work.” Currently, I am working towards my Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker (LICSW) through the state of Minnesota. I have specialized training through the Minnesota Department of Human Services for Diagnosing children ages 5 and under (DC:0-5).
While taking a strengths based ecological approach, I will work with you to address adversities you experience in your life by offering open-minded and supportive listening to best support you in your life journey. Together, we will explore strategies that allow you to address the root causes of your difficulties and build the meaningful life you envision. I will welcome you with a safe, trusting, and inclusive environment to talk through life challenges. I believe you are the expert in your own life and I am here to walk alongside you, empower you, and collaborate with you to help you heal. I value the exceptionally unique experiences and inherent complexities that each person possesses. I am an LGBTQI+ ally and utilize cultural humility to instill hope and enhance wellbeing. I look forward to working together.
I have experience working with people ages 0+, including: toddlers, children, teens, young adults, adults, and older adults in individual, couples, families, and group sessions.
I utilize person-centered therapy combined with an eclectic array of modalities to tailor my approach to your specific needs and reach your goals. I often utilize the following:
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Behavioral Activation
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy
- Positive Psychology
- Solution-Focused Therapy
- Trauma Informed Therapy (including historical and racial trauma)
- Cognitive Processing Therapy
- Trauma Focused-Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Narrative Therapy
- Play, Art, and Sand Therapy
- Conscious Discipline (for 3-5 year olds)
- Anxiety, Depression, Borderline Personality and other Trauma related Disorders
- Life adjustments/transitions
- Stress Management & Mindfulness
- LGBTQ+ Issues
- Grief, Loss, and Hoarding issues
- Women-specific issues
- Family issues (included foster-care and adoption)
- Diversity issues